When deciding upon the paint colors for bathrooms while remodeling, it is important to first determine your personal style. This, in turn, can help you choose the lights, faucets and accessories along with the bathroom color ideas you wish to incorporate in the plan.
A few top bathroom color ideas and styles
Bold– According to designer Claire Cippolone of Dulux™, bathroom color ideas are getting bolder and trendier. Many homeowners are opting to make their bathrooms “bolder” in order to create a space that is ideal for ‘revival at the end of the day’. Blue is considered as an ideal choice as far as the paint colors for bathrooms are concerned. It is a neutral shade but it still adds a ‘fresh lease of life’ by combining warm and cool tones. Alternatively, brighter shades like vibrant reds, yellows and tangerine etc can also make the bathroom appear more upbeat and positive.
Cool and Muted– You can also opt for paint colors for bathrooms that offer a spa-like atmosphere. Moss, teal and sea greens with muted grays are ideal for creating a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere.
Rich and deep hues– Warmer bathroom color ideas like wine red, ruby, aubergine, and gold can make the space warm and cozy. They will remind you of Tuscan friezes and also support the elegant style of decorating.
Go neutral- Many homeowners like neutral shades when it comes to choosing the paint colors for bathrooms. Colors like brown, beige, white and ivory can be considered ‘warm without overpowering’ and they never go out of style. One can also add a splash of color by selecting brighter accessory pieces, linen and other decorative bath items.
Cozy skin tones– Peach, apricot, pinks and other skin tones also make for some flattering bathroom color ideas. Not only are these cozy, they are ideal to pair up and coordinate with the timber and laminate you use for your bath cabinets. A bolder choice in these can add a dash of color to the space. Pale shades can also make the bathroom appear airy.
Important points to note when selecting the paint colors for bathrooms
- The paint you choose for your bath should be moisture resistant and also offer washability. Nowadays, many paint manufacturers have created products that have mold shield and anti-bacterial technology incorporated in them. Additionally, these companies offer you 1000s of choices in paint colors for bathrooms.
- When choosing the paint colors for bathrooms note that the colors change in larger areas and under different lights. Hence, when trying our different bathroom paint ideas, make sure to try out sample paint pots or on sections of walls to test your paint selection. Ideally, you must try out the paint on one meter ² wall sections and test it out at different times of the day.
- For even more accurate selection, use the color chips that many paint manufacturers and stores give out. Online bathroom decoration websites can also help you get some top bathroom color ideas.
- Find out your personal style: is it formal, casual, minimalist or unique? Determine the elements you already have or plan to keep in the existing bath: this will help you choose the paint colors for bathrooms that complement these features.
- Try and create an ‘interest’ in the bath by using the paint colors for bathrooms along with some complementing materials. Timber is an ideal material that can set the tone for bathroom spaces.
- For large spaces, add darker paint colors for bathrooms to add a cozy depth. This can help create a warm and spacious effect to large master bath areas. Alternatively, you can only paint the ceiling in darker shades to create an illusion that the room is smaller.
These are a few of the popular paint colors for bathrooms and bathroom color ideas and selection tips which can help you enliven your bath area.