Often, we do not give much thought to the paint colors for laundry rooms when painting or redecorating the house. However, come to think of it, the laundry is one room that we need to spend considerable amount of time in. A well organized and cheerful laundry room can help ease the entire process of doing this important chore. If you are like most people, you probably detest doing laundry work. Naturally, you are also aware of how necessary it is. Hence, by spending some time on laundry room color ideas, one can considerably brighten up this space and ease the rigorous process. Let us discuss a few tips and ideas for choosing the right paint colors for the laundry area.
Popular laundry room color ideas
- Laundry rooms are generally small and dark places. Use lighter paint colors for such rooms and add a burst of color using vibrant hues for the doors. One of the popular laundry room color ideas includes adding fire-engine red doors teamed up with muted gray walls for the room. The ceiling trims and the timber/laminate chosen for the closets and cabinets can also be utilized in a creative manner to help enliven the dark and small space.
- Other top laundry room color ideas consist of mixing and matching warm and cool hues. An example: earthy clay color can be used on the laundry room door, beige or cream hues can be used on the ceiling while blue-green paint colors for laundry rooms’ walls can help add an ‘airier lift’ to the overall ambience.
- To update and enlarge small spaces, one can use deep purple and silver gray combination for the paint colors for laundry rooms. Thus, the doors can be deep purple or navy blue and the walls can be silvery gray along with gray ceiling and trims to make small spaces appear considerably larger.
- Some of the more popular laundry room color ideas include painting murals on the walls. You can paint the walls with a solid base color and add murals in the form of scenes or words. Homeowners with a religious mindset can even use verses from the Bible or one can also represent floral artwork presented at different angles and different heights for the murals. If the laundry room does not have windows, you can even paint murals in the form of windows to make the space appear more cheerful.
Here are some more tips that can help you choose the right paint color:
- Consider the personality of the person using the laundry room when choosing the paint colors for laundry rooms. White and neutral colors are ideal for people with a no-nonsense personality. These colors also convey cleanliness and order and are ideal paint colors for laundry rooms that are small and crowded.
- The amount of light entering the room must also be considered when deciding upon the laundry room color ideas.
- For those leading stressful lifestyles, colors like blue, green and dark brown etc can have a calming effect. Choose these paint colors for laundry rooms especially if you dislike the chore of doing laundry.
- The ‘temperature’ of colors is another factor to consider when trying out different laundry room color ideas. Blue and green are cool colors that soothe and relax while orange, yellow are warmer energetic colors that can stimulate and excite.
- When trying out the paint colors for laundry rooms using paint samples, make sure to try them out under different lights and at different times of the day to get an insight into how the colors actually appear.
These are a few ideas and tips to use when choosing paint colors for laundry rooms.