Colors play an important role in our lives and even when we do creative work or meditate, we can lend distinctive vibrations and focus our intentions better through the burning of different colored candles. Indeed; candle “magick” is an important and much studied science and art (which many feel, wrongly, is associated with black magic or witchcraft).
In this guide, we will only refer to the use of candle colors and their meanings for linking to individual energies as based on different colored Chakras. We hope that the candle colors and their meanings given below will work positively on specific forces of the Universe in order to strengthen your affirmations. This, in turn, can help you direct the Universal energy towards particular (positive) conclusions.
Principle behind candle magic
Candle magic is based on the same principle as that of color therapy. Different colors have different frequencies which, in turn, have different effects on the human psyche. We can use these effects in a positive manner to enhance our mind power. Likewise, some candles are also fragrant and the different fragrances can also reflect differently on one’s feelings and emotions. Therefore, through candle magic, practitioners can make use of varying fragrances and colors of candles to create different effects for their clients.
According to the science of candle magic, specific candles may be used on specific days of the week, since these colors are also associated with the different Planets. Thus:
- Sunday– Gold or yellow candles
- Monday– Silver, Grey or White
- Tuesday– Red
- Wednesday– Purple
- Thursday– Blue
- Friday– Green
- Saturday– Black or Purple
Candle colors for healing purpose
Candle magic therapists also recommend specific colored candles for addressing different illnesses. In brief, these are:
- Allergies- Violet
- Anxiety- Rose
- Colds- Green/violet
- Depression- Orange/Indigo/Rose
- Insomnia- Blue
- Indigestion- Yellow
- Fever- Blue
- Headaches- Green/blue
- Diabetes- Yellow
What do different candle colors mean?
Here are the meanings of different candle colors in general:
- White candles– Destruction of negative energy, peace, truth and purity
- Purple candles– Spiritual awareness, wisdom, tranquility
- Lavender Candles– Intuition, Paranormal, Peace, Healing
- Blue and Deep Blue Candles– Meditation, Healing, Forgiveness, Inspiration, Fidelity, Happiness, and opening lines of Communication.
- Green Candles– Money, Fertility, Luck, Abundance, Health (not to be used when diagnosed with Cancer), Success
- Rose and Pink Colored Candles– Positive self love, friendship, harmony, joy
- Yellow Candles– Realizing and manifesting thoughts, confidence, bringing plans into action, creativity, intelligence, mental clarity, clairvoyance.
- Orange Candles– Joy, energy, education, strength attraction, stimulation
- Red or Deep red Candles– Passion, energy, love, lust, relationships, sex, vitality, courage.
- Black Candles– Protection, absorption and destruction of negative energy and also repelling negative energy from others
- Silver candle– Goddess or feminine energy, remove negativity, psychic development
- Gold candle– Male energy, Solar energy, fortune, spiritual attainment,
Candle magick practitioners often recommend writing names, dates, birthdates and certain symbols on the candle (or its enclosing glass) to reaffirm one’s intentions. Additionally, the candles must be anointed in oil and you can use simple Olive oil or specific essential oils to dress the candle and increase their effectiveness. Based upon the intentions or reasons why you are using candle colors based on their specific meanings, you will require taking a bath or cleansing the mind through meditation. The dressing of the candle is itself a ritual where you must completely focus on the intention while rubbing the oil on the wax of the candle.
Candles are also of different types as given below:
- Double action
- 7 Knob
- Colored figure
- Adam and Eve or
- Witch candles
Based on specific candle color meanings these can be used for the following affirmations and intentions:
- To draw good luck and wealth and remove negative people- Double Action Black or Green candle
- To attract love- Double action red candle
- To enhance spiritual energy- Double action white or black candle
- To attract good spirits- Reversible black on the outside and red on inside
- To get success, win, or acquire a job- 7 Knob Green colored candle
- To bring Peace at home or in business- 7 Knob white
- To bring passion in a relationship- Adam and Eve candle in red color
- To add power or make written affirmations more powerful- Use red witch candle, place the paper underneath the candle.
Here are some colored candles you can use for color therapy, Wicca, as spell candles, chime candles, prayer, parties and birthdays.
We leave you with a disclaimer that we are not responsible for how you use the information presented above. The owner of this site is also not responsible for the accuracy or effectiveness of the different candle colors and their meanings presented above.
If you loved this post, tell me about it and add a little more color to my life.