Blue is a cool and calming color that shows creativity and intelligence. The color blue is a popular color among large companies, hospitals and airlines. It is a color that symbolizes loyalty, strength, wisdom and trust. Blue color meaning is also known to have a calming effect on the psyche. Blue is the color of the sky and the sea and is often used to represent these images. Blue is a color that generally looks good in almost any shade and it is a very popular color, especially among men. For your info, the color blue is my favorite color!
Blue is sincere, reserved and quiet, and do not like to make a big deal out of things or attract too much attention. Blue hates confrontation and likes to do things its own way. From a color psychology perspective, the blue color is reliable and responsible and radiates security and trust. You can be sure that the color blue can take control and do the right thing in difficult situations. The blue color needs order and planning in its life, including the way it lives and works.
Explore blue color meaning
Blue seeks peace and tranquility and promotes physical and mental relaxation. The color blue reduces stress and creates a sense of calmness, relaxation and order. Try and lie on your back and look up at the blue cloudless sky. Blue lowers metabolism. The paler the blue color, the more free we feel.
Blue color meaning is known to be good at one-way communication, especially communication with your voice – it’s the teacher, the public speaker. The color blue is your helper, savior, your friend in need. The blue colors success is defined by the quality and quantity of its relationships. It’s a giver, not a taker. Blue likes to build strong, trusting relationships, and is deeply hurt if the trust is betrayed. The blue color is not a good color when applied to food, since there are too few blue food items in the nature, and that suppresses the appetite.
Light blue represents health, healing, tranquility, understanding and softness.
Dark blue is associated with knowledge, power, integrity and professionalism.
Read more about shades of blue.
This is how the color blue affects you
- Soothes and relaxes, prevents chaos
- Opening up communication
- Extends your perspective and intuition ability
- Provides a feeling of coolness and peace
When you buy a car in the color blue
- Dark blue makes you trustworthy, confident and reliable
- Light or medium blue gives the impression that you are a cool, calm, faithful and silent type
Popular phrases that include blue
- Out of the blue – to appear out of nowhere or happen suddenly
- Looking/feeling blue – feeling sad/lonely/depressed
- Once in a blue moon – very rarely
- Caught the blues – feeling sad
- Blue collar – related to manual work or workers in an industry
- True blue – loyal, staunch, trustworthy
- Blue blood – royalty
- Bolt from the blue – something unexpected happened
- Go blue – feel very cold
- Scream blue murder – scream loudly in anger or fear