Green is the color of nature and health. It represents growth, nature, money, fertility and safety. The color green is a relaxing color that is pleasing to the eye and is said to have healing powers. It is often used to represent anything that has to do with health. Many pharmaceutical and nutritional companies use green color meaning in their logos and their material to advertise safe and natural products.
Dark green is often associated with the military, monetary, financial and banking businesses. The color green is full of balance and harmony. From a color psychology perspective, it’s the color green, that puts heart and emotions in balance, and equals head and heart. The green color is an emotionally positive color, which gives us the ability to love and care for ourselves and others unconditionally. As a natural peacemaker, green avoids the tendency to be a martyr. The color green loves to observe, is a good listener and counselor, and would make a good social worker. Green loves to contribute to society. It likes to work with charity and is a good parent and a helpful neighbor.
Explore green color meaning
As a combination of the color yellow and the color blue, the color green get its mental clarity and optimism from the yellow color, with the emotional tranquility and insight from the blue color. It gives more hope than any other colors. The color green has a strong sense of right and wrong, and a good judgment. It sees both sides of the case, weighs them up, and then take the moral and appropriate decision. On the negative side, the green color can be judgmental and overly cautious. The color green promotes love of nature, family, friends, pets and home. It is the color of people who love being in the garden, at home, or being a good host. But green color meaning can also be associated with being new or inexperienced. The color green is becoming a very popular color for new website designs.
Dark green is associated with ambition, greed and jealousy.
Yellow-green can indicate sickness, cowardice, jealousy and discord.
Sea green is associated with healing and protection.
Olive green is the traditional color of peace.
Read more about shades of green.
This is how the color green affects you
- Relieves and provides both mental and physical relaxation
- Helps treat depression, nervousness and anxiety
- Provides a sense of renewal, freedom, self-control and harmony
When you buy a car in the color green
- If it is dark green, you are traditional, credible and balanced
- If light green, then people will see you as being trendy, whimsical and lively
Popular phrases that include green
- To have a green thumb – having natural talent for growing plants
- Green with envy – to feel jealous, feeling envy about someone’s good fortune
- Green eyed monster – strong feeling of jealousy with unkind wishes
- Get the green light – to get approval to go ahead for a project
- Green around the gills – sick or nauseated