If you like the color gold, then you likely have a charming personality and exude confidence and magnetism. You are also friendly, but egotistic, passionate yet anxious, selective but can also be discriminating. If you are planning to use gold in your website design, be aware that it can look like dirty yellow, so that might not be a good idea.
Let’s explore the different meanings of gold color.
Gold color meaning
The color gold has different connotations in different parts of the world, across various cultures, religions etc.
The color Gold and its symbolism in religion
- In Christianity, the brilliance of mosaics and icons shown in golden color were done so as to enable humans to appreciate and believe in the brilliance and splendor of God. Gold also symbolized the divinity of the Lord. An interesting fact regarding depiction and usage of gold in Christian Liturgical aspects is that: until the 12th Century, the Pope had allowed only five colors, namely Violet, Red, Black, White and Green in religious symbolism. The colors Gold and Blue were added after the ecumenical Liturgical Movement. These seven colors depicted different meanings: Violet represented the repentance from sin, whereas the color gold symbolized the brightness of the day along with White.
- In Hinduism, Gold is symbolic of knowledge, learning, meditation and mental development. The Hindu idols are shown to have radiant golden haloes around their heads. Often these deities are represented in golden apparel to show their brilliance and make devotees be in awe of their power and knowledge.
- In Islam, Green and Gold are the colors of Paradise.
Meaning of gold color based on regions
- In Northern America, Canada and United States, gold color is indicative of wealth, luminosity and money. As a result, it is used extensively in advertising or manufacture of jewelry, architecture, liquor, and chocolate.
- In Latin America and Mexico, it is used in Church Adornments.
- Across the Caribbean, Cuba, Jamaica, Bahamas, Haiti etc, the color gold depicts pirates and their treasure.
- In China, golden yellow represents the Earth element.
- In Japan gold denotes strength and wealth.
- In the European flag, which has 12 golden stars on a blue background, the color gold denotes harmony, and mysticism, as well as unity and solidarity amongst different nations.
- In France, the gold color meaning includes decoration, light or luxury while in Great Britain; it represents the Crown or Royalty.
Meaning of Gold in Color Psychology
- Success, achievement and triumph are indicated by gold color in color psychology.
- This color is also associated with abundance, prosperity and well being. It also implies affluence, extravagance, prestige, sophistication and elegance.
- Where silver represents ‘feminine energy’, Gold represents masculinity.
- It is the color of the Sun. Gold also happens to be the most traded commodity in the world.
- It is also considered a very uplifting and positive color. It makes one feel optimistic, enlightened and spiritually heightened.
- Gold is the winner’s color; the first place prize is almost always a Gold medal.
- The gold color meaning also includes generosity, happiness, tradition and brilliance.
- Can colors also have negative connotations? If, yes, then the color gold stands for the disparity between rich and poor, untrustworthiness, self righteousness or egotism. Wearing too much gold might also be perceived as being miserly, unkind, lacking generosity and kindness or being over-ambitious.
Bright gold catches the eye and represents inspiration and activation of spiritual energy.
Dark gold is richer, warmer and more intense. It can be associated with fatigueness and stress from being strained.
This is how the color gold affects you
- Inspires better understanding and knowledge of oneself.
- Increases compassion and love.
- Boosts generosity and makes you want to share your wisdom and wealth.
When you buy a car in the color gold
- You love comfort
- You will pay whatever it costs to get it
- You are an intelligent and warm person
If you loved this post, tell me about it and add a little more color to my life.