The color silver means different things across different cultures, countries and religions. Like gold, silver is a shiny and metallic color that is symbolic of wealth and riches.
In this article, we will study some other silver color meanings across different aspects.
The color silver across religions
- In the Bible, silver color means truth. However, in the Genesis, it is synonymous with Old age, in the proverbs, as beauty of age and also as ‘ashes or weakness’ in certain Psalms. Silver, which is more gray or non-shiny, is symbolic of mourning, repentance and destruction.
- In Hinduism, silver (which is believed to be more like white or gray) is not to be worn by women unless ‘one wants to invite widowhood’. The color silver is also believed to ‘encourage, remove negativity and bring moon magic’. It has deep significance in spirituality or connection with the higher self.
- In Islam, silver color meaning of its Urdu term (Chandi) is synonymous with ‘soft spoken, eloquent, fluent and argent’.
Silver color meaning in different countries and cultures
- In North America-USA and Canada, silver is used for depicting things that are sleek, masculine and modern. Hence it is used in cars, men’s products and tools. One of the States of America, Nevada, has its official color as silver owing to which it is termed as the Silver State.
- Across Latin America, silver color meaning includes wealth, jewelry, pirates and treasure.
- In Western Europe, silver represents technology and craftsmanship. For Germans, the color silver is symbolic of sophistication.
- In Japan the color silver stands for all things high-tech, precise, strong and masculine.
Many automobile manufacturing countries surveyed the popular car colors, results of which showed that silver was high up owing to its safety factor. This might be due to the fact that silver cars are also visible in the dark.
The color silver has also been referenced in different languages in many different ways. ‘Silver screen’ means movies, ‘silver tongued’ refers to a personality type that is witty and eloquent, ‘silver tongued devil’ is a person who deceives or cheats while ‘born with a silver spoon’ indicates someone who is born in a rich family.
Silver is a powerful color which can bring about mental, physical and emotional harmony. Silver color meaning includes glamorous, sophisticated and distinguished. Silver haired men and women are considered graceful, intelligent and wise. It is traditional to give gifts made of silver on the 25th anniversary. When using it in websites, mix the color silver with other hues to create a high tech or industrial representation.
Bright silver opens up for new ideas and intuitiveness.
Dark silver/gray can mean negative things, like fear, is accumulating in the body.
This is how the color silver affects you
- You are considered to be gentle, kind and sensitive if you like silver. White and silver are colors associated with the higher self and spirituality.
- Where gold is masculine, silver is considered as feminine energy. It is associated with the moon as well as the ebb and flow of tides. Silver color is considered as ‘cleansing, illuminating and showing the way forward’.
- People who like silver tend to be introspective and often lost in their own world. They are highly artistic, creative and imaginative making them good poets and writers.
- It is believed that success comes easily to those who like this color. This may be due to the fact that such people are more open to new ideas and possibilities while being resourceful.
- On the downside, silver loving people can be moody as their moods are reflected by the changes in the lunar cycle. Often they live in a delusional world of fantasies.
When you buy a car in the color silver
- You want to appear cool and elegant
- You like the futuristic look
- You are a calm and confident person